R51 Driver Side Tilt Switch No Go

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

KellyGee

R51 Driver Side Tilt Switch No Go

Postby KellyGee » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:26 pm

I love my R51. I really do...but...

I asked my brother to take my Patty to get its new tires the other day. Well, he is a rather large fella and required him to lean the seat way back to fit comfortably. When I get the car back, I press the button to lean the seat forward and I get nothing. I push the switch the other way and I go even further into my gangsta position. I am not liking this at all. I get underneath and start moving the wires around a little and somehow the seat moves to a more tolerable position. Fast forward to today, I couldn't take it any longer and I pulled off the motor that ratchets the tilt and put some vice grips on the bar and manually cranked the seat to where I need. I disconnected the motor so that it won't go back by accident
Anyway, I am fairly sure that the switch is not working in the raise position but I don't know how to get it out. I tried to slip it through one of the hole and was almost there but was hindered with the electrical wires.

Anybody have a similar situation or a remedy? I really don't want to drop $175 the dealer is charging for a replacement switch. I am going to post this in the maintenance section as well but wanted to ask my brothers and sisters in arms for any assistance.

Thanks all,
Kel

Return to “General Automotive”