head unit replacement question...how do use climate control?

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

m.powerpt

head unit replacement question...how do use climate control?

Postby m.powerpt » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:13 pm

hello all....i have 2011 pathfinder silver edition, Bose 6CD changer. as most of us know, the head unit in the pathfinders controls a lot of stuff. Im not very familiar with other years or trim levels, but in my pathfinder, the information for climate control, as well as gas mileage, tire pressure, etc is all integrated and accessed with the one screen. if i was to replace the head unit for purposes of changing out the stereo, how would i access the information regarding climate control, and all of the other information that the stock screen provides?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:51 pm

If I'm not mistaken, I think you are pretty much stuck with what you have, at least from a practical sense.

Tusk

Postby Tusk » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:30 pm

Metra makes a kit. It's pretty expensive.

jag19651

Postby jag19651 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:07 pm

It's the expensive Metra kit ( 300$ ) plus the head unit ( 500$ )
Plus installation
After all this , the factory screen sometimes does not power on

I think the signal from the Nissan network is to weak or the transistors that Metra uses are not sensitive enough
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eofksvkkieq3m ... .jpeg?dl=0[/img][/url]

TheHawk!

Postby TheHawk! » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:22 pm

You need to look for a radio that is can-bus compatible if I’m not mistaking look for a android-based system and the climate control will then be changed on the new audio unit just like the factory one, of you don’t know what that is Google it it’s how all the control modules inside the vehicle communicate with each other kind a like the Internet. It’s only two wires but those two wires connect to every control module and allow them to transmit all the data to each other, everything from wheel speed signal to coolmt temp etc.

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”