Coolant Smell at Front of Vehicle

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

unreal2k1

Postby unreal2k1 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:31 am

I had to disconnect the rear heat on my 05 LE due to that part by the spare corroding out and I cannot find the replacement piece on Nissan's site so I just looped the hose upfront after replacing that whole part due to the line braking off on a trip to Lake Jorge in NY. If anyone knows where to get the piece in that pic above or the part number I would be interested.

Thanks

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:12 pm

What happens is sand and dirt tend to get under the rubber insulators at the mounting brackets and they scrub through the finish of the aluminum pipe over time, until the pipe leaks. Originally, most were replacing the entire rear piping assembly, Nissan P/N 92470-9CA0A, which requires jacking the right side of the body off of the frame in order to install the lines. Then, Nissan shipped the dealers pipe repair kits so they could just repair the section of pipe and not have to replace the whole line assembly, which is a lot easier and less costly, obviously. The Dorman 800-600 AC Line repair kit is one such kit that can do this (it works on both aluminum heater or A/C lines); here's a link to a YouTube video showing it in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1O3w_I97Ak

A temporary fix can be made by cutting the line at the leak and install rubber heater hose and clamps on the line to join the two end of the pipe, but because this is close to the exhaust pipe, it should not be used as a permanent fix.

As far as the whole line, it is part code "92460QA" in the part diagram linked below:

https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/parts-l ... m=276_A002

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”