Are the Nissan crossbars for the roof rack aerodynamic?

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

dhbailey52

Are the Nissan crossbars for the roof rack aerodynamic?

Postby dhbailey52 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:13 pm

I've bought and installed and removed aftermarket crossbars which I could feel change the handling of my 2019 Pathfinder in a fairly major way, especially when trailing tractor/trailers on the highway. Do any of you know whether the original Nissan crossbars have any effect on either the handling of the vehicle or the noise?

StratosnypeR

Postby StratosnypeR » Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:28 am

What do they look like? I bought some china made ones on Amazon that are decent. They're slim and "aerodynamic" looking, as in flat but round and no angles or flat sides if that makes sense. They dont make noise and dont seem to affect my gas mileage.

underworld1001

Postby underworld1001 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:20 am

They're crossbars. They're not going to drop your mileage by any margin even if they were squared. Now if you add a roof rack or one of those enclosed roof carriers on top, then yes.

As far as handling, I can possibly see the crossbars acting as miniature spoilers, but anytime I've been behind a semi my vehicle was a bit wobbly due to the airstream being created by the tractor trailer and not my vehicle. This was with crossbars or not.

Return to “R52 Body Interior and Exterior ”