Westin Running Boards Issues

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

mlnazzaro

Westin Running Boards Issues

Postby mlnazzaro » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:54 pm

Trying to install some Westin Running boards, got them from 4WheelParts.com, after talking with their staff and the staff at Westin they insist I have the right parts despite my inability to get them to fit (I have installed running boards on many vehicles before... not sure why its not fitting). I would leave them off, because it certainly looks better, but the wife and I use this as the kid hauler and they need the help getting in/out. Will post images shortly, main issue is two plastic parts from the wheel well that are getting in the way, the instructions from Westin mention nothing about these, they recommend removing them, however the front plastic piece is connected to the entire wheel well... as in I would be removing the cover that protects the insides from flying debris. Any suggestions?

Ok... trying to post those images, how can I do that?

EDIT: http://s1210.photobucket.com/user/NazzT ... Snapbucket

mlnazzaro

Got it!

Postby mlnazzaro » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:15 am

Just to update everyone and if someone runs into this issue in the future. I removed the plastic pieces in the back, I believe they were some sort of after market mud flap, running boards fit well after that.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”