Rear springs broken

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

EvilTheCat

Postby EvilTheCat » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:01 am

This is from the 2006 Nissan pathfinder service manual.

My wheel arch for my 4x4 SE with 265/70r16 should be 34.88" in the back. I am currently at 36.625" after armada springs and spacers. The spacers are supposed to lift it 1.75". 36.625-34.88=1.745 thus I'm sitting 1.745" above stock which is basically the spacer height. So the armada springs are essentially the same height as the stock springs, just stiffer. But definitely not too stiff.

Let me know if this doesn't make sense.

DiBo

Postby DiBo » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:08 pm

so go to my instagram @dibofarrell

i just did a bunch of spring work and put up a bunch of pics and just dont want to repost them again.

i had 2" rear spring spacers with airlift and stock springs for a few years. I found that my rear was starting to sag so i went ahead and ordered the armada springs. Took my old ones out, drivers side was fine. Passenger side was broken in the same spot as above and the bad had been holding that side up. The bag never broke but it ballooned out like a savage. Anyway i put the spacers back in with the armada springs and OMG!! its like a brand new rig, The rear is slightly higher than the front and i actually got back a bunch of gas mileage and the handling is amazing. no bags now thought but i think i can like with it

XVTer

Postby XVTer » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:55 pm

Thanks for the diagram. I use the 2006 FSM from my Xterra so didn't have the numbers on the Pathy - I just printed it to stick in my FSM. Seems as though mine's about a inch low at all corners, about 1.5" at the right rear corner so it wouldn't surprise me to find that spring broken when I start disassembly.

I had front lift springs from AC (4x4parts.com) on my Xterra that corroded and ended up breaking after a couple years. Road salt is a PITA; I'll be sure to put a coat of paint on these before they go in.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”