2012 Pathfinder, SV non-bose audio head unit issue

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

bradk689

2012 Pathfinder, SV non-bose audio head unit issue

Postby bradk689 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:52 pm

So I got my Pathfinder last weekend and seem to be having a weird issue with the head unit.

When the car is turned off and then turned back on, several things reset, including; the clock, the trip computer, the radio reverts to the same station, the audio settings revert (bass, treble, etc.), and my MPG calculator reset as well. When this happens they do not reset to 0 (on the trip computer & mpg), but rather some arbitrary date in the past.

I have tried pulling out the fuse in the glove box with the white cage around it, and I have also tried disconnecting the battery. The only thing that has happened doing this, is that the clock reset to 1:00 at some point...before that it was at the right time just an hour slow. Also the clock is continuing to count time, it just won't set. i.e. If I turn the car on and the clock says 1:00, if I set it to 2:00, turn it off, then turn it on 20 minuets later it will say 1:20.

Hope someone out there knows how to fix this, and crossing my fingers that it doesn't involve a new head unit. Great vehicle so far, with the exception of this issue.

Thank you!

bradk689

Postby bradk689 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:31 pm

I was able to fix the issue by really cleaning the positive terminal and post on my battery. Hope if someone else has this issue that this will work for them too!

Return to “R51 Electrical”