Instrument Panel lights

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

todom711

Instrument Panel lights

Postby todom711 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:40 pm

Hello everyone,

New to the forum I just picked up a 02 LE pathfinder 1 owner with only 50k miles for a road ripper. The truck is great considering I only paid $6k for it. The only thing I noticed is the instrument panel lights will not come on now when I turn the lights on. Strange thing is the lights and stuff work fine on the outside. I'm thinking this could possibly be a fuse? But im not a pathfinder expert or a Nissan expert for that matter. The only thing I did was upgraded the head unit to a in dash navigation. While installing I noticed NISSAN requires you to ground nearly every wire compared to other brands. Not sure if thats it but it just recently happened roughly a month after installing the unit. If anyone knows what this issue might be or has seen this before I your expertise would be greatly appreciated.

Hooligan

Postby Hooligan » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:00 pm

I think there's a dimmer rheostat for the instrument lights. Make sure it's not turned all the way down.

todom711

Postby todom711 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:20 am

I did check that its like they are completely shorted out

Cusser

Postby Cusser » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:25 am

todom711 wrote:I did check that its like they are completely shorted out
My daughter has a '98, and called me last week with same problem, no instrument panel lighting. These are on the same circuit as the parking lights and tail lights, there's a fuse under the hood (just rear of the battery) labeled "Tail", and she found that was blown. She must've gotten water in to a bulb socket, installing a new fuse corrected everything.

Cusser

Postby Cusser » Wed May 03, 2017 10:45 am

Cusser wrote:
todom711 wrote:I did check that its like they are completely shorted out
My daughter has a '98, and called me last week with same problem, no instrument panel lighting. These are on the same circuit as the parking lights and tail lights, there's a fuse under the hood (just rear of the battery) labeled "Tail", and she found that was blown. She must've gotten water in to a bulb socket, installing a new fuse corrected everything.
Well corrected everything for a few weeks......happened again, independent shop traced bad trailer wiring (she has had this 5 years and has never towed) and repaired that, about $100.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”