2011 SE - ECM issue?

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

newsat11

2011 SE - ECM issue?

Postby newsat11 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:50 am

Hi all:
New to forum/first post. Been trying to do some research on an issue I'm having with my 2011 Pathfinder, but haven't had much luck.

Here are the symptoms I've noticed:

- When I start the truck, the fuel economy on my display resets to 19.8 MPG no matter what the mileage reads when I turn the truck off. It seems to track the fuel range accurately.

- My stereo reverts to "Audio Off" each time I start the truck no matter what I was listening to before turning off the truck.

- When the truck is off, my odometer does not display the mileage but displays it accurately when I turn the truck on.

This issue happened about a year ago but disappeared after about a month. Now it is back.

I have @ 85,000 miles on the truck and have replaced the battery within the last two years. No Service Engine light or warning messages..

I'm thinking my ECM is starting to go -- thoughts? I've had problems with BCMs on other cars before and want to take care of it before I end up stranded somewhere because the truck won't start.

Thanks for the input.

--sam

m.powerpt

Postby m.powerpt » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:50 am

i have had similar issues as well. started after i changed the battery and one of the terminals wasnt fastened tight enough. from what ive read online and in this forum i think i may need to replace a specific fuse thats been referred to as the "memory fuse" there are few good threads in this forum about this topic that other members have also had with their electrical systems. definitely suggest you check them out.

good luck

also, i am at about 88k miles on my 2011 path as well.

bradk689

Postby bradk689 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:17 pm

newsatt11,

Were you able to resolve the issue?

Return to “R51 Electrical”