The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Parking Brake Cable Grommet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Body Interior and Exterior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Praetorian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: Parking Brake Cable Grommet Reply with quote

So my parking brake cable grommet has just about completely fallen apart. This is the one that is under the cup holders where the cable goes through the body. I searched and could not find it listed on any parts diagrams for either the parking brake system or the body. But the body diagrams get kind of crazy.

From the service manual, page PB-4, it is listed as #9, Front Cable Grommet.

http://www.thenissanpath.com/filelib/R51B/PB.pdf

Does anyone know what part number this is? I was thinking it might be included with the parking brake cable as a unit. But the pictures I found don't show it included. Any help could be appreciated.

Looks like once I get a new one it will have to be slid on from the parking brake cable side...which sounds like more fun.
smj999smj

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess would be it's part of the brake cable assembly, but, hard to say without seeing what you are talking about. Here's a part diagram link for the parking brake on a 2005 Pathfinder:

https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/parts-list/2005-nissan-pathfinder/parking-brake-control.html
Praetorian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smj999smj wrote:
My guess would be it's part of the brake cable assembly, but, hard to say without seeing what you are talking about. Here's a part diagram link for the parking brake on a 2005 Pathfinder:

https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/parts-list/2005-nissan-pathfinder/parking-brake-control.html

Unfortunately that diagram doesn't show the grommet but it's shown on the service manual diagram listed in my first post.

Here's the irregularly shaped grommet. The light above it is from the inside of the cabin. I started to take my console apart but that turned into an ordeal in itself. The cup holder insert is "glued" in with sound deadening material. I'd prefer not to pull the whole console. But I will probably have to.
smj999smj

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The console isn't too bad to remove; I've done it before. You'll need to remove the rear cup holder to get to two of the bolts at the back of the console.
As far as the grommet, if it doesn't come with the cable, I would expect it to be on this diagram linked below, but good luck finding it!:

https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/parts-list/2005-nissan-pathfinder/floor-fitting.html?Filter=(2=VQ40DE;4=4WD;5=STD;6=SE)&Diagram=748_A002
Praetorian

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump. Still no luck. And as far as I can tell the grommet is not included with the parking brake cable assembly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Body Interior and Exterior All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: