The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Firestone Dest A/T

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kestral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Firestone Dest A/T Reply with quote

After this last winter I realized that I have to stick with an aggressive A/T tire on my R51. It's either that or I switch them out for snow tires and switch back to summer tires in springtime and I don't want to do that.

Anyway I am looking at the Firestone Destination A/T tire from a local dealer that is trying to win my tire business for work and all the company cars I take care of. Anyone ever run them who can comment on them?

I need to stay pretty aggressive on a tread pattern esp considering the delivers I make in all kinds of weather with my Pathy.
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as All-terrain tires go, the Firestone Destination A/T is pretty average and a little below average during wet braking. I would look at the Hankook Dynapro AT-M; it's the #1 rated A/T tire per Consumer Reports and they are reasonably priced, as far as truck tires go. Other good choices are the Michelin LTX A/T2, the Cooper Discoverer A/TW and the Falken WildPeak A/T01.
2006 Pathfinder LE VQ40DE AWD, aftermarket radiator, Airlift 1000's, Bilstein HD rear shocks, Doug Thorley shortie headers and mid-pipes, Magnaflow 12580 muffler, aFe Momentum GT CAI w/ dry filter, XTP plenum spacer, Superchips Flashpaq tuner
grm3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been running the Destination A/Ts for just over 50,000 miles.
I have been very happy with them. They've been good on the road - wet and dry - and no issues in snow. Lightyears beyond the original BF Goodrich tires that came stock, which I replaced after about 36,000 miles due to poor wet braking and snow performance.

If you're getting a good deal on them, then go for it.

I'll likely be replacing at the end of the year with the same. They still have about 5/32-6/32 of tread left, but they are starting to show some cracks in the tread, since they are about 7 years old.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: