The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Got some new tires - Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HiBRiD109

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Got some new tires - Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015 Reply with quote

The Bridgestone Dueler ATs that were on my truck when I got it, were worn down to 3/32nds and had a fair amount of noise and vibration. There were cracks at the base of the lugs, so I was in need of some new tires. I was deciding between the Hankook Dynapro ATMs, General Grabbers AT2s, Cooper AT3s, and Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015. I planned on staying stock size (265/65R17).

After a few weeks of searching through forums and critic reviews, I decided to take the gamble on Yokohama's new tire. The G015 was released last year (2016) and is the sucessor to the regular AT tire. So far most reviews look good. Yokohama just added a promo for $60 rebate for them so I took them up on the offer.

I do 98% city driving with a few trips for camping and kayaking on gravel. No real "off-roading". I live in NE Iowa so we get a few snow storms with 6+" of snow in the winter.

Initially, they are way better than the worn Duelers, but any new tire i'm sure would have a large impact. The tread doesn't look aggressive, more like regular all-season tires with deep lugs. The shoulders do have nice semi-aggressive look. They are very quiet and feel smooth at highway speeds. I don't have to make as many small corrections. Only time will tell if they are as good as I hope. I mainly want to see how they handle in the winter since they have the severe snow badge. I will try to update as the mileage stacks.

Last edited by HiBRiD109 on Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kestral

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look great let us know what you think.
HiBRiD109

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loving the tires. Had time to plasti dip the wheels this weekend.

Before dip

After dip
palmerwmd
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!
Why not lise the step rails on the sides if yu are going for a hardcore look? : )
I did...

2012 V6 4WD, in Grey over Grey
HiBRiD109

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmerwmd wrote:
Nice!
Why not lise the step rails on the sides if yu are going for a hardcore look? : )
I did...

I have been thinking about it. I need to take a look underneath. Did you put the bolts back in? I live in the rust belt and down want unwanted water and salt getting into the the body/frame. I really want to save up and get some rock sliders.
HiBRiD109

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I am at almost 1k on the Geolandars, I like them a lot. I will say there is some low road noise (like a rumble) once you start going over 60 mph. Its nothing that is annoying but I noticed it when I turned the music down when my kid fell asleep. I have not had any chance to take it off pavement yet. It handles well on gravel since my garage and driveway is in the alley.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: