The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Good deal on some All-Season Highway tires @ TireCrazy.com!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smj999smj

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:32 am    Post subject: Good deal on some All-Season Highway tires @ TireCrazy.com! Reply with quote

(4-3-2017) I just thought I would mention this to anyone looking for some descent All-Season Highway tires for their Pathy. My Nitto Dura Grapplers have finally come close to wearing out and I've been looking at my choices. The Nittos were good but rode a bit harsh. I really wanted to go back to my Michelin LTX M/S2 (now Defender LTX M/S) but money is tight and $800 for a set of tires just isn't in the budget this month. Lately, I've been looking at the Kumho Crugen HT51 P265/65R17 (112T). It is very similar to the older Michelin LTX M/S2 in tread design, load and speed rating, and max load rating. It is rated at 720 A A and has received a lot of very good customer reviews at several sites, including Tirerack.com (in fact, I couldn't find any negative reviews). It is about 6 pounds lighter than the Michelin and I'm not saying it will be as good, but for the price, it may be a very competitive option. For more info, here are some links:

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=Crugen+HT51

As far as price, I had found the lowest price at TireCrazy.com for $516/set of 4 and free shipping. But, it gets better! I ordered a set today and got an instant rebate of $20 plus Kumho currently has a rebate promotion of $80 (paid in a pre-paid Visa card). So, factor everything in, I figure I'm getting a set of 4 tires for $416! That's a little hard to pass up, so I ordered them up and will update once I get them mounted and some miles on them. FYI, the $80 rebate is active on purchases from 4/1/17 to 5/31/17. TireCrazy says the free shipping is extended through 4/3/2017, so don't delay if you are interested; I don't know if the well extend the free shipping any more past this date.
Kestral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info SMJ they look like a good tire and being 6 pounds less per tire you should get better millage? Keep us updated on how they are if you get them.
smj999smj

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered them. The 6-pound less per tire would mean less rotating mass but I'm not expecting to see much better gas mileage...though, it would be nice. Since the Kumho and Michelin use similar belt construction (it seems) and dimensionally they seem the same, I'm thinking that weight is probably found in thicker sidewalls on the Michelin. I don't like using "cheap" tires nor brakes but I also can appreciate a good value. If money were not an issue, I would opt for the Michelins without a second thought based on how much I liked the earlier LTX M/S2; the new Defender LTX M/S is supposedly even better. However, at half the price, somewhat similar design and the great reviews the Kumho Crugen HT51 receives, it's looking like the most practical choice for me at this time.
FLiPMaRC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Thanks for the tip Exclamation
smj999smj

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tires came in. Now, just need to find some time to get them installed. Here are some pics:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: