2012 7 pin trailer harness?

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

oreogaborio

2012 7 pin trailer harness?

Postby oreogaborio » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:37 am

Hi all,

Just found out, the day that I was going to tow my trailer to an event, that the 7 pin harness I purchased for my 2005 Pathfinder does NOT work in my new-to-me 2012 pathfinder. Great.

Luckily it won't totally end my fun, but I absolutely NEED to get this solved before Friday.

So... three questions:

WHAT exactly are all the parts needed to convert a 2012 Pathfinder with a 4 pin flat trailer harness over to the 7 pin round
WHERE can I find them
HOW BAD is the install? Is it just as simple as the 2005 where it's plug and play?

I only ask the first and last question because I spotted this thread (http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/pathfind ... 7-pin.html) that had very minimal technical information, but said something about expensive relays (?)... that doesn't make sense to me, but I suppose there could be some truth to it.

Please help!

I THINK the proper harness part number is 999T8-XR024.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:12 am

2008-2012 require Nissan P/N: 999T8-XR024. That doesn't include the subharness for the brake controller nor the trailer relay that goes under the hood.

https://www.nissanautosports.com/images ... 060big.jpg

oreogaborio

Postby oreogaborio » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:58 pm

Cool, thanks for the confirmation.

Spoke with someone in the local dealership parts department who told me the same and I now have the parts on order... The harness you mentioned, plus the pigtail & relay to enable trailer brakes, all to the tune of $131... (grumble grumble). :wink:

Anyone need a harness kit for the earlier year R51? :D

XVTer

Postby XVTer » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:38 am

Hey, Pete, I realize you're in need of a quick turnaround for parts, but I found the best pricing for our 2010 was from Courtesy Parts (based in TX I believe).

A few months ago, I bought a 2006 and would be willing to relieve you of your old harness - it's only got the 4-pin and everything I tow is set up for 7-pin.

BTW, I haven't had a sport bike for a number of years (marriage, kids, move to VT, house, etc) but I think I remember you from an NESR meet back in the day, assuming you're the same oreogaborio from over there :)

oreogaborio

Postby oreogaborio » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:52 pm

Oh hey *goes to NESR*, Bobby! Yup, same Oreo. :D

Yeah, man.... I'm lookin for quickest turnaround, unfortunately. First round of LRRS is this weekend! :)

If you want the 7 pin harness that I have sitting right in front of me on my coffee table, I'd love to unload it to ya. If you want to PM me your address I can see what shipping would be and I'm sure we could come up with a fair price.

My ONLY hesitation (and it's a minor one) is that there may be a ground issue within the harness itself... For some reason with my old truck my trailer lost its running lights and I had to rig up a work-around to get them working. Never troubleshot to solve the problem properly so there's DEFINITELY a reasonably large chance that the issue was within my old truck and the harness is perfectly fine, but if you experience the same issue that I had I'll gladly refund you, fair & square.

Sound good?

XVTer

Postby XVTer » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:58 am

Sounds good, man. PM sent

Return to “R51 Electrical”