CHIPPAS R51 FROM TASMANIA

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

chippa

CHIPPAS R51 FROM TASMANIA

Postby chippa » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:19 pm

thought id throw up a few pics of what i have done to my pathfinder. Bought it as a stocko 2012 st auto 2.5 turbo diesel (would love a v8 model but unfortunately we dont get them here in AUS :cry: )

within a day of having it the mods began with removal of the shitty looking factory step and plasti dipping of grill and rims

After doing this i ordered a set of 2" lux lifts body chocks. Having never had much to with 4wds i was unsure as to what was involved with installing these. Turned out an hrs labour, removal of factory underbelly protection and removal of the lower half of the radiator fan shroud was all that was need. Was stoked with how simple the mod was.

Next mods i installed an alloy plazmaman hot side intercooler pipe to replace the factory ballooning rubber rubbish! installed and oil catch can and cut the factory muffler and resonator out just running straight thru. Also installed hid headlights and replaced park light, reverse lights and interior with leds.
After a while of driving it around i finally forked out and bought the rims and tyres id been wanting. Ballistic Joker rims 20x9 with Nitto trail grapplers 305/55r20. Not everyones cup of tea but was exactly what i was after and was stoked with the outcome!! To get the rims to fit under i also installed 35mm coil spacers up front, 50mm dobbinson medium duty coils in the rear with tough dog 9way adjustable shocks.

It required removal of front mud guards and trimming of the front bumper to clear but nothing major. Tyres were throwing shit every were without guards so a bit of massaging with a hammer and a 20mm trim of the front guard behind the front wheel i managed to get the stock guards back on with a factory look.

Next I installed a rhino rack pioneer flat rack

Having this rack allowed me to fit a few accessories so I started with a 2.5mx2.5m adventure kings awning, lockable rod holder 52" curved ebay light bar and 2 6" ebay light bars wired in to reverse switch or useable as work lights. Also scored its name " the PUBFINDER"

Have had 100mm foam mattress made for the back so just using it for a bit of camping/touring around for now

next mods will be a 3" straight thru exhaust from turbo back and ditch my coil spacers for either icon or radflow coil overs.. (still deciding and researching)
Think i will get titan specific coil over to suit ready to do a titan swap on the front.

Touchdown

Postby Touchdown » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:53 am

Awesome job, she looks great!! 8)

chippa

Postby chippa » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:13 pm

cheers, shes slowly gettin to how i want it

chippa

Postby chippa » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:12 am

replaced the interior lights and puddle lights with led today also thought id put up a pic of the strip light i installed in the tail gate. Give so much extra lighting when ur gettin stuff out of car or camping

Touchdown

Postby Touchdown » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:30 am

I like that location of the tailgate light!

I think I may copy your idea, but use a moveable/adjustable light so I can cook at night back there!

FLiPMaRC

Postby FLiPMaRC » Mon May 01, 2017 9:33 am

8) Very nice!

chippa

Postby chippa » Wed May 03, 2017 11:43 pm

REPRESENT!! :lol: :lol:

chippa

Postby chippa » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:25 pm

Had a bit of stainless floating around and some spare time so removed the cat and heat wrapped it. Made a bigger difference than removing both resonator and muffler! Will eventually change to a full 3" system but this was free so it will do for now

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”