Things I tow with my Pathfinder...Trees

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

RacerZX
Site Admin

Things I tow with my Pathfinder...Trees

Postby RacerZX » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:47 pm

Captain
Sponsored Member

Postby Captain » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:05 am

Very cool. How did the PF do? I see some marks in the grass from spinning your tires but it got the job done. Also I see in the pics the little girl sitting on the tail gate with the strap tight pulling on the tree. I don't know if she was sitting there when in tow but this is not safe at all. If the strap broke it could kill her. I've seen straps brake before and took out windows as well as dent tail gates. It also helps to put a blanket or jacket on the strap as to act as a anchor / buffer.

RacerZX
Site Admin

Postby RacerZX » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:32 am

Nope, no tire slipping at all, was quite easy actually, just put it in 4-lo and gently spool up the power, three cheers for a real 4x4 and big BFG AT-KOs. I understand your concern, but the first pull was so easy that I wasn't terribly worried about the tree putting up a fight the second time around. Afterwords we dragged the logs around with no fuss at all beyond making sure we didn't accidentally mash any fences :lol:
Last edited by RacerZX on Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Captain
Sponsored Member

Postby Captain » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:38 am

Glad to see someones using there PF than just a soccer suv

amr40509

Postby amr40509 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:57 am

Glad to see it did a good job.

I have to second that comment about the kid near the strap though. Those of us that have grown up in the country doing this type of thing can tell you straps and chains are NOT something to take lightly/trust. There is a heck of a lot of force there and things DO slip and break, and they do it when you least expect it to happen.

Have fun and get the job done, but above all be safe, especially with kids.

That looks like a Stihl MS290 you have there, nice saw.

stmack2007

Postby stmack2007 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:21 pm

i agree with the safety issue it would not take much for an accident to happen the kid could lose an eye or more....but i do realize kids want to be in the action

KellyGee

eh

Postby KellyGee » Tue May 19, 2009 8:06 am

neeto!
Last edited by KellyGee on Thu May 28, 2009 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Captain
Sponsored Member

Re: Safety is so important!

Postby Captain » Tue May 19, 2009 8:31 am

KellyGee wrote:You know I think you should really be more safe overall. I mean those tire tracks could cause a rupture in the ground, opening up an entirely new fault line and causing earthquakes all throughout the US and ending the American way of life as we know it!
Heaven forbid you get very excited about experiencing the tremendous capability of the PF and share it with us "safe" people. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Its ok to be funny
KellyGee wrote:I can't believe you were so negligent in using your Pathfinder; remember that when you drive your Pathfinder responsibly, you not only protect you and your family but to protect the entire world. Let this serve as a lesson to us all. We should NEVER post pictures of our pathfinders unless we are being safe :twisted:
Don't be a Rude to fellow members.

Return to “General Automotive”