Transmission stuck in D?

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

nickCR

Transmission stuck in D?

Postby nickCR » Sat May 13, 2017 10:46 pm

I get to my buddies house tonight and spend an hour at his place. Go outside and try to crank my truck but it won't crank. I notice that the dash is indicating it's in "D" even though it's in Park. The car rolls like it's in "N". I don't see a check engine light and when I turn the key it just clicks like the sound of a relay turning on. The shifter changes very freely, doesn't feel like anything is happening when changing shifter position. But if I put it over in triptronic it will go to 1, but won't go up. It goes back to D when you move the shifter. I opened it up and there is nothing loose.

We tried to unplug / re-plug the battery - side and nothing happened same result.

Any suggestions?

nickCR

Postby nickCR » Sun May 14, 2017 7:23 pm

Figured this out by pulling most of the transmission shifter apart. The main link going to the transmission was loose / disconnected. Finally reconnected and it worked again.

I'm not sure what I lost yet, still need to look at the parts in there for my R51 but the fact that I was able to get the car moving and started was a huge relief.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”