Door lock assembly replacement parts

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

volox

Door lock assembly replacement parts

Postby volox » Sat May 27, 2017 11:42 am

I've had an issue where the piece of metal broke that goes from the cylinder of the door lock to the metal plate that holds the sensor and push rod. So this is the half circle piece that rotates against the spring mechanism and has the pin on it that goes through the plate on the back of the lock plate is held in place by a snap ring.

It looks to me like an independent piece, but it isn't clear to me if you can buy it on it's own? Does anyone know of a source for that part as I would like to avoid replacing the entire lock and re-keying the vehicle.

Also, I'm trying to figure out of the plastic mechanism that is at the bottom of that push rod is broken or just not attached correctly. It's almost impossible to see in there, but it seems like the bottom of the push rod doesn't grab onto the lock mechanism right to push it locked and unlocked. Any insight, diagrams, or pictures of how this stuff is support to look when it's right would be appreciated.

Last but not least, I'm trying to fix the gremlins in the power locks. It's been doing the thing where it locks-unlocks-locks-unlocks and then you can't get the lock manually pulled up because it keeps locking on you.

I'm looking through fuses and the like, but can someone tell me... If you disconnect the sensor that is on the door lock itself (looks like it's a magnetic switch), will the power door locks still function? And is that sensor the one that senses the lock position? Or is that within the same housing as the actuator? I'm just trying to systematically go through and remove things that might be the issue.

Thanks in advance.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sat May 27, 2017 12:37 pm

Not sure if it helps, but here is a diagram of the door lock system:

https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/parts-l ... andle.html

And the cylinder:

https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/parts-l ... ?PNC=80601

I believe the piece you are referring to is part of the door lock cylinder assy. It should come as the cylinder, with a plate on the end of the cylinder where the rod attaches and the plate is held onto the end of the cylinder with a metal cir-clip or "e-clip."

volox

Postby volox » Sat May 27, 2017 1:47 pm

Yeah, That's what it looked like to me as well. Maybe I'll drop by my friendly local bend over please dealer parts department and see what they have to say.

The part joint I was trying to figure out how it goes together is the one where 80527 and 80579 are on the diagram. The diagram just doesn't do it justice to figure out how things should be put together.

volox

Postby volox » Sat May 27, 2017 8:30 pm

No dice at the local dealer. To get that part you apparently have to order the entire lock...

So if anyone out there has a part they are parting out and wants to part with their locks and the little mechanism with the magnet on it, then let me know.

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”