AC blowing outside temperature air after refilling freon gas

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

mixnight

AC blowing outside temperature air after refilling freon gas

Postby mixnight » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:45 pm

The AC was working both front and rear zones but not cooling faster when driving the first 10 minutes but here in Florida we are having temperatures above 90 already so today I decide to refill the freon gas with half can of freon, the car was running on high AC both front and rear when refilling, but a storm started right after i finish refilling so I let the AC running just for 2 or 3 minutes and I turned off the engine and I went inside home, left the car for about 5 hours been off, then I have to drive but now the AC is blowing not cool air and it has an smell "like cat pee" all the time both front and rear zones, I drove for about 30 minutes on a high way so speed was about 70 mph, when approaching to destination and doing red lights and pressing the brake I notice that when the AC clutch engages the car try to go and I have to press firmly the brakes pedal.
Any ideas how to fix and get back cool air? Can this be a serious problem on the AC and I need to take the car to the shop?

mixnight

Postby mixnight » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:32 pm

Update: just found this video in youtube:
https://youtu.be/I15pEb6SamU

This guy shows how to "undo" the recharging process and it helps

underworld1001

Postby underworld1001 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:02 pm

I know this is a late response, but my girlfriends 2013 Sentra was doing the same thing. Her cousin who does AC repair found out that the system was overcharged. He extracted about a pound of freon and all is well. It still acts up from time to time, but rarely. He stated that we were lucky the compressor wasn't shot.

Return to “R51 Electrical”