Search for the elusive rattles.

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

Lord Farquaad

Search for the elusive rattles.

Postby Lord Farquaad » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:21 am

over the last 130k miles I have become accustomed to the rattles all over inside the cabin. Never really bothered to trace and eliminate them. That is until yesterday. For some reason they started to irritate the crap out of me.

The first two were pretty easy to find and fix. They were in the headrests of the outer first row passenger seats. I took the headrests off and shaking them, they sounded like infant rattles, Underneath, between the two rods, it is possible to peel away the headrest covering. There I found, in both headrests, 2 loose pieces of plastic. Not exactly sure what their use was, but is will now be recycled. Those were the two worst rattles inside the cab.

Or so I thought. With them out the way, the next ones that popped up on the radar was the release mechanisms of the same two seats. The ones behind the seat to drop it forward and then pop it up. It's got a plastic lever that operates a cable. This mechanism now has an irritating rattle to it.

Anyone tried to shut it up? Would like to get some help before I strip that seat and mechanism.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”