The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
New to forum long time Nissan lover and owner.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> New Members, Sign Off!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should I do the V8 swap?
Yes That would be freakin awesome!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
You are crazy!
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Buy a new truck
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Turbo/ Supercharge the current motor
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

jsnhastings

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject: New to forum long time Nissan lover and owner. Reply with quote

I bought my first Nissan in 2006. It was an 04 Pathfinder "PLATINUM EDITION" Dark Green. I have had this truck since and it impresses me everyday. But now that I have the option of moving on to a newer vehicle, I'm stuck.
Do I sell the Pathfinder? I THINK NOT! Everyone may tell me i'm crazy. Everyone may tell me that I'm going to waste my money. But you know, It could be the same situation with ANY vehicle I buy next. So here is my plan.
The only thing the truck lacks is rear suspension(it is always saggy in the rear) So I want to put a set of small airbags on the truck. I also need more power. I live in Denver and we go "west" often(to the mountains) I need a truck that can pull at least 3000 lbs. easily. So how about a V8 swap? Am I crazy? Will I go broke? I do know one thing. I LOVE THIS TRUCK. I want to keep it. So let me know. help me out. Tell me about your experiences. Is this possible? could you imagine the sound from an LS V8 coming out of this truck?!
I either spend 20k or more on a newer vehicle or I stick with what I like and adapt the truck to my needs.[img]
porksoda

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice ride!
I personally would say just stick with the current engine and just fix it up.
I have never been a fan of people mixing different makes parts. I believe in 04 some Nissan's like the Frontier came factory with Superchargers. I think it'll be cool if you put one of those factory superchargers on your Pathfinder.
Keep us updated on what you do .

smj999smj

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 04 Frontiers had the VG33ER, which was a supercharged VG motor with 210 HP. A 2004 Pathfinder has a VQ35DE with 240 HP. Two entirely different engine families. I think the money would be better spent on another vehicle than a V8 swap, which is a lot of work. But, it's up to you!
jsnhastings

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was talking with a buddy and he had mentioned that the newer Pathfinder (R51) have the V8 option. With all the new electronics, the V8 and the 3rd row of seating, ONLY weighs just around 1000lbs more. I might go that route. Anyone with that vehicle have any issues I should know about? Thanks for your input guys. I thought about doing the supercharger but I didn't want to chop up my hood in order to get it to fit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> New Members, Sign Off! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: