AT fluid check

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

Kestral

AT fluid check

Postby Kestral » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:25 pm

I figure before I tow my camper this year I should check the level of my auto trans fluid. So how do I do this is there a dipstick someplace or do I need some sort of scan tool that only the dealer can do?

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: AT fluid check

Postby eieio » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:15 pm

Kestral wrote:I figure before I tow my camper this year I should check the level of my auto trans fluid. So how do I do this is there a dipstick someplace or do I need some sort of scan tool that only the dealer can do?
page AT-13 in the service manual
http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=2

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:43 am

Dipstick is on the passenger side of the engine and is held down with a 10MM head bolt. Vehicle at normal operating temperature, in Park or Neutral, on a level surface. Check the dipstick just like you would on most other automatic transmission vehicles. MIN and MAX lines or equivalent on the dipstick. No scantool or other equipment needed.

labsy

Postby labsy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:59 pm

smj999smj wrote:Dipstick is on the passenger side of the engine and is held down with a 10MM head bolt. Vehicle at normal operating temperature, in Park or Neutral, on a level surface. Check the dipstick just like you would on most other automatic transmission vehicles. MIN and MAX lines or equivalent on the dipstick. No scantool or other equipment needed.
Juts to mention engine needs to be running while you're checking A/T fluid level :)

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”