New member, derby UK

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

[email protected]

New member, derby UK

Postby [email protected] » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:00 pm

Hey folks,

Just bought my first 4x4 today - pathfinder obviously.

It's a 2008 aventura, 74k miles automatic.

Only test drove it for about 15 minutes but it was really nice to drive, light steering, smooth gearbox nice and quiet inside (compared to what I'm used to) only thing is - painfully slow! Not too much of an issue as I have amother vehicle for speed, I'll get on to that in a moment. I would really like a little bit of extra grunt though, I've driven a navara of the same age and it seemed ten times faster. I have googled extensively for remapping and chip boxes but I can't find any reviews for a pathfinder or even any mention of a remap, all that seems to come up is advertisements for chip boxes which I've always viewed as cheap eBay crap that will ruin your car as it's not tailored like a remap on a rolling road so if anyone wishes to share their experience with getting a bit more from their pathfinder I'd love to hear it!

If anyone is still reading... a little more about me and why a pathfinder. I imported a stunning Honda Integra DC5 last summer. Immaculate condition, low mileage and a blast to drive. Since then I've put ten thousand miles on it, it saw the road all winter and I have to go to Scotland from derby to an island on a ferry etc and it scrapes on the ferry and whenever I finish the 700 mile journey I find at least a new stonechip and it's so loud on the motorway! I want to keep it in its stunning condition so I needed a daily. One of my other hobbies is shooting, mainly air rifles which means farmtracks and fields! Also I'm moving house soon so wanted something big and I do a bit of camping! So space, minor off road ability, looks, comfiness, and reliability is what I wanted and the pathfinder ticked all the boxes! Plus I got a decent price with a 3 year warranty :)

I don't have many pics yet as the garage is getting it serviced and MOT'd then delivered end of this week! But here's one from the advert and also a pic of what it is saving from trekking up and down the country!

I hope at least someone read this post to the end and I look forward to speaking to some of the community! Any recommendations for modifications or maintenance etc is much appreciated!

Peace out,
Oz

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:51 pm

Welcome! :)

lilejamson

Postby lilejamson » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:10 am

welcome to this forum :D nice to meet you

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”