Anyone have any luck with hoop-step nerf bars/running boards

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

stowerspowers2

Anyone have any luck with hoop-step nerf bars/running boards

Postby stowerspowers2 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:50 pm

I like the hoop step bars on that Frontier but I haven't found any online that fit the Pathfinder. Does anyone here know if the Frontier bars will fit on the Pathy? Or if there are any out there made for the pathfinder? I really don't like the stock running boards and want a change. If any of you have made a change I'd love to see a pic.

HiBRiD109

Postby HiBRiD109 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:17 am

I haven't seen anyone with the hoops, and I don't believe the frontier ones will match up 100% but if you have the cash anything is possible.

A more common option on here are the www.rocky-road.com super sliders.
They look nice and actually offer great protection. They might not work for steps if your path is lifted but will help you reach the roof still.

Here's a thread with them on NVSteve's rig.
http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... rs&start=0

Also, I believe Shrockworks will build you similar sliders if you contact them but I don't have a source on that.

stowerspowers2

Postby stowerspowers2 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:53 pm

Thanks for the response. I've actually seen those rock sliders before and they're just not my style. I do however like the westin bars that someone else posted in the thread you linked to. So I may go with those if I can't find the hoop step bars

stowerspowers2

Postby stowerspowers2 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:37 pm

As more people view this topic I wanna add that I'd love to see any aftermarket steps you guys have installed. Or just any modifications you've made. Feel free to use this thread to post pics of your rigs. My Pathy is pretty much stock right now and I'd love some inspiration. Thanks

HiBRiD109

Postby HiBRiD109 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:39 pm

Just saw that www.realtruck.com is having a sale and there were a good amount of running board choices that fit the pathfinder according the the "fits your 2006 Pathfinder".

stowerspowers2

Postby stowerspowers2 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:03 pm

Thanks for the help. I think I'll probably go with one of those. It's unfortunate they don't make the hoop step style for the R51 but realtruck has pretty good deals on nice nerf bars.

Infinity-x

Postby Infinity-x » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:28 am

I got mine on Amazon..

stowerspowers2

Postby stowerspowers2 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:22 pm

Yeah the chrome looks good on the silver. I think I'm gonna go with black since my pathy is dark gray. Do you know what type those are? I think I'm gonna get the raptor nerf bars

Infinity-x

Postby Infinity-x » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:16 am

stowerspowers2 wrote:Yeah the chrome looks good on the silver. I think I'm gonna go with black since my pathy is dark gray. Do you know what type those are? I think I'm gonna get the raptor nerf bars
I only went with the chrome becuase it matches my color scheme. Chrome, silver, and black.

http://a.co/hQwfLge <Amazon link

Installation was easier than changing a tail light bulb.. granted you have the right tools. Literally just brackets that bolt on to the lower frame. Hardest part was ensuring everything was level and straight while doing a final bolt-down. Would be easier if you had a second hand to help.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”