Rear driver side door jammed

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

kmuk

Rear driver side door jammed

Postby kmuk » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:42 am

Hi everyone, new to the site - glad to be here and hoping you can help!

i have a UK 2006 Pathfinder (R51) and the rear door on the drivers side will not open from either the inside or the outside.

Until recently, when i hit unlock on the key fob, all doors would unlock except this one, but i could open the door from the inside but at the weekend (like a fool), I flicked the child lock switch on the door as my son was playing with the door handle. It's now completely stuck.

My guess (key word) is that the actuator is still working as it was locking fine, and it may be a problem with the central locking wiring that was preventing the door from unlocking when using the key fob/interior button? So far i have tried;

* using WD40 on the outer handle - no dice.
* I have also removed the door panel (which is quite a job when the door is shut) and checked the cables which all look fine to a novice eye. I did attempt to remove the electrics connector to the actuator/locking mechanism but couldnt get it off.

Any ideas, local (Surrey, UK) wizards or words of wisdom??? Any help would be massively appreciated. Thanks in advance, Karl.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:57 am

The outside, rear door handles on the R51 Pathfinders made in Spain are notorious for breaking. It's not a problem on the North American models, for some reason. You'll find YouTube videos on it if you do a search.

Return to “R51 General Chat”