AC only blows on feet

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

schizo

AC only blows on feet

Postby schizo » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:59 pm

2007 SE Offroad
My AC will only blow on my feet. It does not matter if it is blowing hot or cold. Any ideas?

Thanks,

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:19 pm

You might have a bad mode door actuator. Impossible to say 100% without doing the proper diagnostics.

schizo

Postby schizo » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:01 am

Looks like you may be right. I have the Pathfinder at Firestone right now where a friend is checking it out for me. Turns out there are three actuators. One will cost around $600 to replace because it is so hard to get to. I hope they just find a blown fuse, but nothing else is broken. I have not been able to find a diagram to help me replace them on my own.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:10 pm

That sounds expensive for a mode door actuator. The mode door actuator and left side air mix door actuators call for 0.3 hours each to replace in the labor guide. The mode door should be on the driver's side of the heater assy. The other two actuators, the intake door actuator, which controls the fresh air/recirc airflow, and the air mix door, which controls temperature by directing airflow across the heater core, require dash removal and call for 4.6 hours labor each. Mode door actuators usually run about $35 each.

schizo

Fixed

Postby schizo » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:19 pm

I did end up letting Firestone fix the problem. It was one of the three actuators. They also changed out the cabin air filters, which had never been changed and looked pretty nasty. Total cost was $400. Still seems high but I had to get it done.

boontis

Postby boontis » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:29 pm

Been searching forums for more info on the mode door actuator - and the best plan of attach for getting at it. (I have clicking when switching between defrost and regular front/floor mode - and only then thank god)

Based on this thread it is on the drivers side of the heater assembly - so would that mean I need to take the lower middle console off? (similar to how you replace the stereo?) Or can I get at is from the passenger side?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:31 pm

It should be visible if you look under the dash on the driver's side and at the side of the center stack. I believe there is a dash support in front of it that you can't remove; you have to remove the entire dash to replace any of the actuators. I know....another great design by the engineers @ Nissan!

Return to “R51 Electrical”