Riddle me this 2012 LE Pathy Carfax

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Riddle me this 2012 LE Pathy Carfax

Postby palmerwmd » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:43 am

https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p ... id=8725959

Seems like it had 3 times "internal transmission repair" done in past 18 months.

At first an explanation would be a tech kept replacing transmission but leaving a coolant leaking radiator in the truck.

first no tech at a dealer ship would be so ignorant with SMOD being so well known these days...
also this is a 2012 so it has the new radiator design which means this makes any less sense.

What are some realistic explanations for this Carfax??

Thnaks! :)

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:19 pm

No takers? :(

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:37 pm

I doubt it's a cooler failure issue considering it's a 2012 model. As far as what "internal failure" or "failures" were addressed, it's impossible to tell. Your only hope is to try and get the details of said repairs from Sheehy Nissan of Manassas, who may or may not want to cooperate and since you weren't the owner at the time of those repairs, the may not legally have to dispose to you of such details unless you are currently having a problem with the transmission which may be related to those repairs. The bottom line: all you can do is ask them!

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:18 am

I like the idea of trading in my silver edition for a LE.. I want the sunroof the awesome wheels and most of all the upgraded transfer case.

Especially if that LE has a new tranny.

But my current Silver Ed. is mechanically 100% ..has been checked by my favorite tech in DC forwards backwards and sideways.. before i moved down here to richmond .

And I will spend some money in the tradein...

Maybe its not worth it...

Kestral

Postby Kestral » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:49 pm

If yours is running so good and checks out good I would not do it but that's just me. Frankly it would make me to nervous that I would be buying someone's issues.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:39 pm

Kestral wrote:If yours is running so good and checks out good I would not do it but that's just me. Frankly it would make me to nervous that I would be buying someone's issues.
That's exactly whats keeping me from executing this deal.
Mine is a little hi miles but so is this one.
Runs 100% AOK.

It has the Stereo non retention of setting bug though....
Still the risk may not be worth it.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”