Screen went blank, audio won't turn off

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

SETI20

Screen went blank, audio won't turn off

Postby SETI20 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:20 pm

So, we have an '07 LE with the navi and Bose package. Wife comes home, tells me the volume doesn't work and the screen won't turn on.

Sure enough, the screen is blank, and volume and tuner dials don't do anything. I think I checked all the appropriate fuses, and all I can do is yank the audio fuse to turn the radio off cause it's kinda loud now. But the head unit screen, and none of the controls seem to work anymore.

Has anyone ever experienced something like this?

SETI20

Postby SETI20 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:54 pm

Sometimes it really does help to turn it off and on again.

Turns out the screen wasn't actually dead, but somehow "frozen". When I grabbed something from the car at night I noticed the screen was actually illuminated. There wasn't anything on it, but the backlight was on. And I could hear the navi unit under the seat spooling up.
Problem is, the car was off and i had the keys in my hand. So it was running constantly. It was actually hot to the touch.

Pulled the audio fuse, as I thought that was the one I needed. But there's radio fuse under the hood. Pulled that. Put it back. Problem solved.

So, for future reference... if anyone is having these weird issues. Power cycle.

Return to “R51 Electrical”