The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
2001 Pathfinder hesitation issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
865dwade10

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:15 am    Post subject: 2001 Pathfinder hesitation issue Reply with quote

Hi all, first time posting

I have been dealing with a hesitation issue for about 6 months that has me stumped. I have an R50 Pathfinder with the VQ35 engine and when giving light throttle during acceleration it will hesitate and stumble like it's losing power at around 2,000 RPMs. If I give it enough throttle off the line it drives normally with no hesitation or downshift. I have taken it to two separate mechanics and both have said the mass air flow sensor is bad and have replaced it. It has never thrown a CEL for this issue, and both mechanics said that when they hook it up to the computer the MAF is flat-lining at around 2,000 RPMS. Each time the issue seems to be fixed but after about 5 miles the hesitation starts again and the MAF fails. Is there an underlying issue that would be causing the MAF sensor to fail immediately?

Thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: