Problem Folding 2nd Row Seats

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

Tenacious_T

Problem Folding 2nd Row Seats

Postby Tenacious_T » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:06 am

I just purchased a 2011 Pathfinder and found an issue with the 2nd row seats after I got it home. When I folded the seats flat (tip bottom cushion forward, then tip seat back flat), I nearly punched a hole in the lumbar area of the seat backs. I found that there's a steel tab on the seat frame assembly that jabs into the seat back when it's folded down. It looks as though it's supposed to 'catch' a steel lip inside the lower seat cushion to help prevent it from tipping forward when in the normal seating position (although it doesn't seem very effective).

Does anyone else have this issue with their vehicle? Is this something that was designed/installed by Nissan or could it be a poorly executed modification? I'm trying to decide if I should just cut off these catches and be done with them, so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks for your help.

[/img]

Jerry2012pathfinder

Rear seats

Postby Jerry2012pathfinder » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:28 pm

I’ve had 2 pathfinders that had the same issue. I ground the steel tabs off with a dremel tool on both of them and had no problems with either of them. [/img]

Tenacious_T

Postby Tenacious_T » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:49 pm

Thanks Jerry! Looks like I'll be cutting them off then.

underworld1001

Postby underworld1001 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:13 pm

Hey thanks for pointing this out. My 3rd row seats have the fabric coming off of them from being folded flat all the time which is disappointing. Don't want the 2nd row getting messed up either.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”