The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Largest tyres on 17 inch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
euroBen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject: Largest tyres on 17 inch Reply with quote

I am after some BF Goodrich AT KO2 to put on the PF and the current tyres I have on it are 255/65/17 but they don’t seem to sell that size in the U.K. what would be the best suggestion to fit? Question
labsy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just put on 265/70-R17 BFG T/A KO2 and they fit without rubbing on stock suspension. Must say those are MUCH BETTER than my previous Duratracs, especially on slippery, wet and snowy roads! Could not be more satisfied.
euroBen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What’s your fuel economy like with them on? I have hadn’t mine fitted and expected mpg to go down but it has gone down from 26mpg to 14mpg which is a bit more than I was expecting
labsy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot really tell, as I have slightly larger tires (as mentioned), chip tuning (turbo boost almost to 1.4 bar/20psi) and with those I get approx 21 mpg.
Previous owner said it was around 27 mpg without those modifications.

...ups, sorry...I forgot mine is DIESEL!
SETI20

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So strange. I've found the exact opposite opinions when I went looking for comparisons between the BFG and Duratracs. I couldn't decide, so I let the first good deal I came across decide for me. Having put on the 265/70/17 Duratracs put on this monday. Got them at a 30% discount.

I'm just very sad that the place I bought them at only had blackwalls. Boo! I'm sad to the point where I might actually take a tire pen to them next spring.
euroBen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an update- really pleased with my BFG AT K02 and the fuel economy seems to have gone back up after a king journey I did last weekend so I think the decrease in mpg was actually my DPF getting a bit full from all the city driving Inhave had to do lately (mines a diesel). I can’t wait to put my tyres to the test up in the Scottish Highlands in two weeks:)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: