New member... hello

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

Chilled76

New member... hello

Postby Chilled76 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:17 pm

Morning folks,

Just signed up to start reading and gathering as much info as possible before purchasing a Pathfinder.

Im going to be looking for a post 2010 one as ive read they are a tad more efficient and are.lower tax bracket. Hoping to get 6-7 years out of this car so I want to get it right.

I'll have a read of previous threads but if there are any quick tips for looking out for faults on these then please post up.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:28 pm

I'm not sure about the more efficient part, by 2011 and 2012 do have the benefit of having a lot of the issues that R51 Pathfinders had in the 2005-2010 model years, like failing radiator coolers, timing chains and fuel sender issues. They did still have the issue of the rear suspension being too soft, which can be corrected by installing Airlift 1000 air bags or replacing the rear coils with Moog parts. Otherwise, they're a good vehicle if you don't mind the ride, which is firm and can be a little unsettled on bumpy roads, but typical of body-on-frame SUVs.

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”