New 05 Pathfinder SE Off-Road owner

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

HydroPonix

New 05 Pathfinder SE Off-Road owner

Postby HydroPonix » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:07 pm

Hey everyone,

Bought my first car in April 12' and I am happy to say it was a pathfinder, I looked around for one with a sun roof, leather and digital ac and i finally found one for a decent price. had 95k at purchase and now has over 117k. Ive replaced the headlights with HID's, added 3 new rigid industries lights, an in-dash DVD/SD receiver with digital TV, re-done the interior with faux wood and put a Yakima rocketbox on it. <3 my pathy :)

s2kpathy

Postby s2kpathy » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:12 am

Welcome and congrats on your purchase, I just had HIDs and a LED light bar installed as well.

Touchdown

Postby Touchdown » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:07 pm

Nice Ride! 8)

I like the LED Lights as well.
Glad to see that they work as advertised.
Maybe you cold take a few more pics and do a quick write up on their install (mounting and wiring)?
I'm sure some people here would be interested...I am!

Oly 22

Postby Oly 22 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:55 am

Welcome to the forum and congratulations.

I like your Rigid LED's as well. I would be interested to know how you mounted the ones on the roof and how the wiring is routed into the cab. I am also curious why you went with two 10", on the top and not another 20". I am looking at adding a 30" single row, across the top, with the black covers so it is discrete. What is the lighting like off the roof, does it cause any glare of the hood?

HydroPonix

Postby HydroPonix » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:22 pm

Ive got a lot of info for those who would like to know how to add some lights to your pathfinder and I am happy to share that info with everyone. I had to figure out and do most of it myself, with some planning, (lol) some funds and a lot of patience, but after some trial and error I figured where you could mount all those beautiful lights without making it look like I didn't know what was I was doing. Touchdown,
I'll link to another section of the forum on the next post for a few things...

how i wired my rigid lights
how to fabricate a cheap but good looking low profile roof light bar
where I put ballasts for HID's in my path
I am sure there are people on the forum who have done one or all of the above but for those searching for answers, I am hoping I can help.
Olly 22:

I am also curious why you went with two 10", on the top and not another 20".
Oly 22, so you might find this funny, or stupid but the reason I put 2 10's instead of another 20 was purely ascetic. I like the look of the lights on the warthog from halo 3

http://xboxoz360.files.wordpress.com/20 ... xcgn-3.jpg

But those two on the roof are spot lights and not combo or flood the 20 on the front bumper is a combo light so i get about the same output on the spot portion as one of the 10's.

The way their wired in is across the roof rack bar with zip ties (that will be changed soon to look more professional and hidden) to the rear lift gate. On the lift gate there is a gap of about 1/4 to 1/2 inch that you can put the wires into the cab. Then simply remove the rubber that is on the back of the car, run the wires down the passenger side above the doors inside the interior ceiling panel to the front of the car where I put the plugs directly to the battery (fused, of-course) I have all 3 lights on one 20 amp switch. All of this install I will put on another thread for you guys as stated above, Ill link them on this thread

If you guys have any suggestions or comments please post! 8)

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:28 pm

Nice looking pathfinder. You did a great job on the LED bars.

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:32 pm

pretty cool.

i'll be another denver-ite starting march 1st...

been noticing alot of denver folk here recently...need to get everyone together once a month at some sort of easy trail or something.

can't wait to get up there and get something going :)

HydroPonix

New 05 Pathfinder SE Off-road owner

Postby HydroPonix » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:14 pm

Thanks for the compliment on the light bar, here is the link to the other section of the forums on how I made it.

www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=8 ... time :) [/code]

HydroPonix

New 05 Pathfinder SE Off-road owner

Postby HydroPonix » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:15 pm

Thanks for the compliment on the light bar, here is the link to the other section of the forums on how I made it.

www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=8362

I think you`ll like Denver if your headed this way. people and weather are nice most of the time :)

Homer J

Postby Homer J » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:42 am

Very nice job. Sure doesn't look like 117,000 miles.

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:20 am

welcome. i too like the light bar.

matrixcafe

Roof Wiring

Postby matrixcafe » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:45 pm

HydroPonix wrote:Ive got a lot of info for those who would like to know how to add some lights to your pathfinder and I am happy to share that info with everyone. I had to figure out and do most of it myself, with some planning, (lol) some funds and a lot of patience, but after some trial and error I figured where you could mount all those beautiful lights without making it look like I didn't know what was I was doing. Touchdown,
I'll link to another section of the forum on the next post for a few things...

how i wired my rigid lights
how to fabricate a cheap but good looking low profile roof light bar
where I put ballasts for HID's in my path
I am sure there are people on the forum who have done one or all of the above but for those searching for answers, I am hoping I can help.
Olly 22:

I am also curious why you went with two 10", on the top and not another 20".
Oly 22, so you might find this funny, or stupid but the reason I put 2 10's instead of another 20 was purely ascetic. I like the look of the lights on the warthog from halo 3

http://xboxoz360.files.wordpress.com/20 ... xcgn-3.jpg

But those two on the roof are spot lights and not combo or flood the 20 on the front bumper is a combo light so i get about the same output on the spot portion as one of the 10's.

The way their wired in is across the roof rack bar with zip ties (that will be changed soon to look more professional and hidden) to the rear lift gate. On the lift gate there is a gap of about 1/4 to 1/2 inch that you can put the wires into the cab. Then simply remove the rubber that is on the back of the car, run the wires down the passenger side above the doors inside the interior ceiling panel to the front of the car where I put the plugs directly to the battery (fused, of-course) I have all 3 lights on one 20 amp switch. All of this install I will put on another thread for you guys as stated above, Ill link them on this thread

If you guys have any suggestions or comments please post! 8)

Hi , that job is awesome, congrats !!! can you please put some pics of the roof wiring to understand it better ??

AtlantaRuffian

HID Ballasts

Postby AtlantaRuffian » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:56 am

Just curious, where/how did you mount your HID ballasts? I'm considering converting to HIDs and would love to know what others' experiences with them have been like.
Also, what color temperature did you get and where'd you get them from? How do you like them and how well are they working for you?

Great looking pathy, by the way. You've added some really nice touches to it!

HydroPonix

Postby HydroPonix » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:58 pm

I ran the roof wiring down the rack bars that go down the length of the vehicle on the passenger side. There is a small gap in the liftgate that will allow you to snake some wires past the rubber foam seal and into the interior ceiling. I will snap some pics in the morning.

The ones in my headlights are some cheap chinese brand, i am going to switch them to the same as my fog lights.... morimotos.

I bought a morimoto kit through the retrofit source, but i put hella fog light replacements (had to modify myself to fit) with the round lens. I setup my lights so my headlights and foglight flip on at the same time with the same switch and my foglight swich now controls my duallys in my grill, as highbeams.

The headlights are 4500k and the foglights are 4500k.

I mounted them on a bar above the headlamps inside the hood

I have done ALOT of work since this post.....

Tomorrow I can get into a bit more detail with good links and pics.

fogman

Postby fogman » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:34 am

thats 1 mean looking bullbar :P

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”