Introduction and some questions...

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

Mr. Sonora

Introduction and some questions...

Postby Mr. Sonora » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:34 pm

My name is Chris, I live in Chapala, Mexico and study reptiles and amphibians in the remote mountains of Mexico. I am a Toyota guy.... and have always had Tacomas and 4runner. I currently have a 2005 4x4 Tacoma TRD Sport and a 2011 4x4 4runner SR5. In June I bought a 2010 4x4 Pathfinder LE to complement the 4runner as a "team mover" in the more dangerous mountains. Nissans are more common here and their less "aggressive" styling is less likely to get you kid-napped / shot at in some of the more dubious sierras.

That being said, I have noticed the Nissan will need a bit more modifications than the Toyotas to put up with the crap we put our trucks through... so I am currently looking to lift the Nissan.

I have put King Remote Reservoir Coil-overs on the front of the Pathy which gave me about 2.5" of lift. I just purchased some Fox Remote Reservoir shocks for the back and OME 1"lift coils to hopefully achieve 1-2" of lift in the back. I will then be adding PRG spacers to lift the truck a bit further to fit over-sized wheels.

Question number 1: Is anyone running this set-up? I couldn't find anything on this site but know of at least one guy in Baja who is running this set-up.

Question number 2: This pathy has the 18 inch rims which came stock with the LE. I really don't like 18 inch rims (or even 17 for that matter) as the more rubber the better in the terrain we are in. However, I have to admit they look good. What are the most agressive mud-terrains available for our 18 inch rims? I know I could run BFG Mud Terrains and I am currently running them on two vehicles... however, I used to run Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs... and I think I prefer them. Anyone know of any Pathys running these??? I saw photos of one from Spain but they were on 16s... Any other good, agressive, mud terrains out there for 18 inch rims that will fit on a pathy.

Question number 3: Any good sway bar disconnects? I couldn't find any....

Question number 4: The lights on the Pathy really suck. We look for snakes on highways at night so lights are really paramount. I found some good LED bulbs for the fog lights down here, but the ones I purchased for the Headlights did not switch between Hi/Lo. I am back on Halogen Philips lights but they are no good. I bought the most expensive ones too.... any suggestions? Morimoto??? Any led solutions? Should I just say "to hell with it" and put a Rigid Industries light bar on the front.

Thank you very much (everyone) for all the useful information on this forum. It has already been very useful and I have only been lurking for a few months... looking forward to participate more. Thanks in advance for any help with my noobie questions.

Cheers,

Chris

kennynnek

Postby kennynnek » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:53 pm

welcome chris,

king coils arent too popular on this thread, but i'd love to see them!

youve probably already done a little research and have found that there arent any projector headlights for our year of the pathfinder, i have lED's in my fogs and have HID's for my normal headlights although they scatter light very bad and i feel bad driving down the road blinding everyone.

retrofitting in projector lights is an option but pretty spendy.

a few people have put light bars in the little opening area in the front bumper, that looks clean!

please post pics lol

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:02 pm

I have found these bulbs to be an excellent upgrade . I have them both on my XTerra and on my 12 Pathfinder:

https://www.tirerack.com/lighting/detai ... toModClar=

Also I made sure my lights were angled down too much.

Some people angle the Foglights up a bit and that can really add to total light output then.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”