The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
99 Pathfinder digital HVAC problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbbmin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: 99 Pathfinder digital HVAC problem Reply with quote

Hello and thanks for looking at my problem. My system blows hot and cold, fan works on all settings, digital readout works and I can set temp acrross it's full range. The outflow is stuck on the dash vents. The readout shows the proper icon when I switch to vent, floor, defrost, etc., but the flow stays only through the dash. I did the digital diagnostic tree and ended with the message "mode door motor harness connector is disconnected". Is this something a normal human can do or is it a "take out the dashboard and steering column" type of thing? Also, where can I find a diagram or something to show me where this harness is?
smj999smj

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The harness will be near or connected to the mode door actuator itself and is part of the main harness. You could just have a faulty actuator. I forget where they stuck that one on the R50; it's often on the driver's side of the HVAC cooling and heating unit, to the right of the gas pedal, on many Nissan models. Your best bet would be to refer the factory service manual for your Pathy. Nico Club's site has free, downloadable Nissan factory service manuals at their site.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: