Hey Yinz Guys...

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

AiXeLsyD13

Hey Yinz Guys...

Postby AiXeLsyD13 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:57 am

So, I'm a n00b.

I did a dumb thing. I have a strap stuck in my rear lift gate... and I'm not finding any help with the Google machine.

I have a 2015 Nissan Pathfinder SV.

So, I closed a strap into our 2015 Nissan Pathfinder "lift gate" (the back damn hatch door). It is (slammed) shut, will not open, lock, or register as shut to the car (SUV?), thus keeping alive an annoying message and making effortless interior lights require effort. Also, we use the trunk area. A lot.
I have tweeted @nissan & @nissanusa. They (of course) suggest taking it to the dealer. I would rather not pay dealer service charges to rectify my stupidity.

I opened the panel on the inside in the back of the latch. The little white switch that seems to control thing isn't helping any more than pressing the button on the outside.

There appears to be a little whie button/knob on the bottom right of the mechanism inside the hatch. I can't seem to get it to do anything.

Google gave me a plethora of Nissan lock/door related issues, and none of them like this.

I would rather not cut the strap, and think it is in so well that it would be useless anyway.

Any ideas?

(I tried to post a link to photos, but the AI spam police think I am shady.)

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:48 am

A: sorry it took so long for someone to answer your post. Reason likely is that this is the Into forum.
We also have a forum for technical advice about your model of Pathy its the R52 subforum for Body interior and exterior:

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewforum.php?f=43

:D

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”