The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Anyone had this issue in the snow?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R52 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gizmo2005

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Anyone had this issue in the snow? Reply with quote

Today, I found an empty parking lot. So I decided to test the tires (1 year old Michelin LTX) to see what the limitations are. I essentially went in an oval at around 25-30mph. I had it on 2wd, then on Auto. The issue I found is when I started turning, I could feel heavy vibration. I'm talking pretty heavy shaking that you can feel in the steering wheel. What's causing this? I turned off the Traction Control and it was doing the same thing.

What I found odd, was even with TC off, the TC light went on when I was slipping. How can this be? But the vibration is what worries me. I've had it back to Nissan to do the updates last year so my warranty is up now.

Also, in the morning, I have to do a Uturn at my street. I do this every morning. In the snow, I noticed that with Auto on, when I do the Uturn, I get the same vibration, although not nearly pronounced.

Anyone as to the culprit? Is it the rotten transmission? What is it?

Thanks-
JayArras

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the CVT shutter that the R52 is famous for. How many miles on your Pathy?
Gizmo2005

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

43000 miles on it. Also yesterday I got a 4WD Error on my dash. This might be a temperature thing as it's been super cold the last week in MN. Temp has been -15-20 in the day time.
blackbeagle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to the dealership to have this problem looked at. They said it's the rear coupler? It's causing the 4wd to engage/disengage. THey will order the parts and have it covered under warranty.
Gizmo2005

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject: Problem solved Reply with quote

Problem solved. Here's what they replaced under warranty. I have 43K on this car.

They found internal failure to the rear differential electric coupling causing the shutter when turning the wheel.

Since replacement, the problem has not come back.
JayArras

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear they found the problem. Was it covered under warranty?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R52 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: