P1320 code

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

Merrix

P1320 code

Postby Merrix » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:21 pm

Quick back story. I have been chasing a hesitation and lack of power issue for a while now. My entire ignition system is new and just replaced my fuel pump last weekend. I've gained power since the new pump but still have an issue of my engine stalling while sitting at a light or stop and/or occasional slow acceleration, mostly in reverse.

Now onto my issue this morning. In a medium to heavy acceleration, my engine shut off as if the key was switched off. I coasted to the side of the road and tried to start and no go. Took a few times but the engine finally fired up. Made it to work just fine. On break I checked my codes and had a P1320 and the usual knock sensor code. The engine did not want to start so after quick research on the code, I disconnected and cleaned what seems to be the condenser and had some luck. Engine fired right up. During lunch it took a little to get the engine running but once she started, it was all good. I made it home with no problems. Just took her easy.

Research shows it could be a bad coil (which is built into the distributor if I'm not mistaken), poor connections or something with a resistor of sorts? I believe my original distributor works fine so I'm thinking of just putting that back in and see if the problems continues.

Any and all advice is appreciated. I would like to get more info before I get dirty and bloody under the hood to chase this issue.

Thank you

Pathfindork

Postby Pathfindork » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:08 am

Which year R50? I think those components changed over the R50's run.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:43 pm

It seems consistent with a distributor failure. That's pretty common on the VG-series engines once they get some age/mileage on them. I try to avoid the aftermarket replacements, if possible, when replacing them. I go with the genuine Nissan remans.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”