Bullydog and towing

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Entropy98

Bullydog and towing

Postby Entropy98 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:21 am

I have read all the topics about Bullydog tuner here and with the Xterra/Frontier boards. No good info on towing differences after the tuner.

Just purchased a new trailer fully loaded weight is 3500 to 4000 lbs. I feel that it lags on slight inclines and is having a hard time keeping speed with hills (I live in Utah).

Will the Bullydog tuner make any noticable differences while towing in the high octane setting with timing advanced +2?

Any other recommendations?

Thanks,

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:12 pm

I pull a travel trailer about 5500lbs. I find the performance to be admirable, considering we are pulling with a v6.

The difference between a factory tune and the bully dog tow tune is marginal at best. If you need to be doing 0-60 in 10 seconds, I would get a big diesel. You will not be happy with the pathfinder.

Entropy98

Postby Entropy98 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:23 pm

Just wondering if the cost vs. noticeable difference with the tuner in place is worth it. Would run the 91 octane tune with timing advance +2 when towing. Not looking to replace the Pathy just looking for slight increase in power when going up slight inclines and hills. Does it make a noticeable difference when towing is what I am looking for.
Looking for info on a product from those who have used this item, before I drop $300 to $400 on a tuner.

Thanks,

Return to “R51 Electrical”