The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
scan tool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
novacain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject: scan tool Reply with quote

ok guys can a scan tool be used on a 95 pathfinder
my truck is running rich any ideas would be a big help
i have new plugs wires cap and rotor new o2 sensor new coolant sensor but my temp gauge stays low
smj999smj

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you temperature gauge is staying low, my first thought would be that the thermostat is stuck open, not allowing the coolant to get hot enough. As far as a scan tool, your answer is "no." It uses Nissan's OBD I system, which works by using the red and green LED's on the ECM to tell you what self-diagnostic codes is stored. There was a 2-mode system and a 5-mode system, which is probably what you have. In the 5-mode, mode 3 was the self-diagnostic mode. For more on how to get the codes and what they mean, try this link:

https://www.troublecodes.net/nissan/
novacain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot that was really helpful
Didn’t think you could use a scan tool I was hoping to get lucky I found what looks like an Obd connection behind fuse box
Thanks again
smj999smj

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a tool, but it wasn't really a scan tool. It was a Kent-Moore checker box that are pretty rare, today (I have one). It had a toggle switch, a readout to tell you what diagnostic mode you were in and red and green lights (like those on the ECM) and a beeper. It didn't really do anything that you can do at the ECM, itself, it just made it easier because you didn't have to remove or look under the passenger seat at the ECM to see the lights and turn the mode screw.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: