05 Rusting away... so bummed ðŸ™

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

wizeguy

05 Rusting away... so bummed ðŸ™

Postby wizeguy » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:08 am

Got an 05 that has prob been the best vehicle that I ever owned starting to rot away :cry:
Michigan winters is taking its toll on this beast with the wheel wells starting to bubble and just under the driver door there's a bunch or rust bubbles.... hate to see what the underneath looks like!
Prob not worth fixing because of the cost and rust being like cancer.
Oh well, I'll try to hold on to her as long as she keeps me moving.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:47 pm

I would definitely consult with some shops.

You'd be amazed at what professionals can do

BullDozer

Postby BullDozer » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:28 pm

Is it surface rust? Can you post some pics? Mine is 06 in MI all her life. I want to compare

Kestral

Postby Kestral » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:55 am

If the frame is not rusted through then I would find a good shop and fix the body. Then you could sand and repaint the frame or pay a shop to do it.

Just be happy you don't have a Toyota Tacoma! Hear in Western Massachusetts we use a special brine on the roads it is said to be 15 times more corrosive than sea water! At the local Toyota dealership they are replacing Tacoma frames as young as three years old !

I could not imagine owning a three year old truck and it needs a new frame! My Pathfinder is now six years old and my frame has no rust on it at all.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”