clutch

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

Neudaddy

clutch

Postby Neudaddy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:42 pm

Hi everyone. I'm new here and looking for a little information.
I have a 93 pathfinder with manual tranny.
My clutch damper broke and I want to delete it and replace it with a single line.
I found a line from enjuku racing, but was wondering if anyone has done this or can point me in the direction of a post on this job.
Thank you in advance.

larken

Postby larken » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:38 pm

See if this thread can give you an idea

http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/sho ... hp?t=25801

smj999smj
Site Admin

Re: clutch

Postby smj999smj » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:41 pm

Neudaddy wrote:Hi everyone. I'm new here and looking for a little information.
I have a 93 pathfinder with manual tranny.
My clutch damper broke and I want to delete it and replace it with a single line.
I found a line from enjuku racing, but was wondering if anyone has done this or can point me in the direction of a post on this job.
Thank you in advance.
I moved your post out of the "Nissan Transmission Fail" section to the WD21 Pathfinder section because the section to which you originally posted deals with the R51 Pathfinder's issue with the trans cooler failing inside the radiator which can contaminate and ruin the automatic transmission.

As far as your question, what I find interesting is that you can apparently still get the damper new from Nissan, P/N 30660-09G0A. A lot of times parts such as these become "discontinued" over the years. As far as bypassing it, all you have to do is remove the damper and replace it with fabricated metal brake line. You might even be able to bend the lines a little and replace the damper with a brake line union; this would be the easiest way if you can do it. Otherwise, you would probably have to cut back up the line a little in order to fabricate a metal brake line to fit in the space. Make sure to use double-flare fittings and unions and not NOT compression fittings!

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”