04 SE P1130. Can't find parts

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

Cufa519

04 SE P1130. Can't find parts

Postby Cufa519 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:17 pm

I just bought a 2004 SE and it's showing a p1130 code. I've read a lot of posts on this already but I can't seem to find the parts to order for replacing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Pathfindork

Re: 04 SE P1130. Can't find parts

Postby Pathfindork » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:17 am

Cufa519 wrote:I just bought a 2004 SE and it's showing a p1130 code. I've read a lot of posts on this already but I can't seem to find the parts to order for replacing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
I would call a dealer and ask them which parts are needed.

Micallen

Re: 04 SE P1130. Can't find parts

Postby Micallen » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:46 am

Cufa519 wrote:I just bought a 2004 SE and it's showing a p1130 code. I've read a lot of posts on this already but I can't seem to find the parts to order for replacing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Found this info in another forum:

Located the Swirl control valve solenoid in the front of the engine under the plastic cover. It seems to be part of a black vacuum tank which also houses the VIAS control solenoid. Does anyone know if the solenoid can be purchased separately or is it all one assembly with the vacuum tank. Also if anyone has a part number that would help out alot. I had it off but there were no numbers stamped on it.

...spent this last Saturday taking off the black vacuum tank with the VIAS solenoid and the Swirl control solenoid. The swirl control solenoid (P/N 14956-1P101, Nissan Dealer cost $96.00)is a separate part that is just pressed into a vacuum port on the vacuum tank. By removing the two phillips screws and the small hex bolt you can pull the Swirl solenoid out of the vacuum tank. By applying a hard +12 volts and ground to the two pins on the swirl solenoid connector you can engage the solenoid. Blowing into the input tubes on the valve while engaging the solenoid will tell you if the internal diaphram is working. My Swirl Control Solenoid tested good. There are two black tube hoses which originate at the swirl control valve and go to the air breather box (air filter) and the swirl control valve vacuum check switch. Make sure that these hoses are not clogged. My hose going to the check switch was blocked with some kind of white crust. I ran a thin stiff wire thru it several times which opened it up. Also checked all the other vacuum hoses coming to and from the vacuum tank while I was at it.

Have been driving for four days now with no error codes popping the dealer maintenance required indicator.

IMPORTANT: Mark all of your vacuum hoses so that you put them back in the correct port............

Hope this helps,
Good Luck

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”