The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
How does the dash computer figure out gas mileage?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Electrical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patrickm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject: How does the dash computer figure out gas mileage? Reply with quote

perhaps this seems like an obvious question -- one would think it measures how much fuel it uses and how many miles it travels, and divides. but i guess what i'm asking is which sensors does it use to get these inputs?

when i bought my 07 used, it had slightly larger than original tires and the speedometer was off by a couple mph by the time you hit highway speeds... i think 65 on the speedometer was about 61.5 on a GPS over an extended flat stretch of highway. but i noticed once when resetting the computer's average speed field that it didnt' match the speedometer, it was a bit closer to the actual speed (~64). so does the vehicle speed sensor on the transmission not run the speedometer? or does the computer get its estimate somewhere else?

this isn't critical, but i'm just curious.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Electrical All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: