Not starting

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Chris.SAR

Not starting

Postby Chris.SAR » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:16 am

Hi all...I have a 2007 pathfinder which is used as a search and rescue response vehicle. I am experiencing problems with it not starting. The battery is flat over night. Which as you can appreciate is not good for a response vehicle. Is there a known source for battery drain on these? Something not shutting down?

gascan

Re: Not starting

Postby gascan » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:16 pm

Chris.SAR wrote:Hi all...I have a 2007 pathfinder which is used as a search and rescue response vehicle. I am experiencing problems with it not starting. The battery is flat over night. Which as you can appreciate is not good for a response vehicle. Is there a known source for battery drain on these? Something not shutting down?

I just fixed the same problem on my 2009. After much research, and some trial and error, I found that mine had a faulty ECM relay. You can swap it with the fog light relay to see if that's your problem or not. If it is, it's a cheap fix.

Mine would chug and chug but would not start, even thought it had fresh gas and starter was putting out proper juice, and battery was fully charged. Was a frustrating thing because it kept draining my battery too. Hope that helps!

Return to “R51 Electrical”