2017 AC HVAC air conditioner stuck

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

atoner

2017 AC HVAC air conditioner stuck

Postby atoner » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:54 pm

2017 Pathfinder Platinum

Today the air conditioning was stuck in cooling with high-low vents. If I pushed the mode button, the vent output would briefly diminish but then return to blowing out of the dash and underneath vents. The defrost setting, for example, wouldn't blow air on the window nor could I get air just out of the dash vents. Changing the temperature setting had no effect, e.g. setting it to 90 still resulted in cold air blowing. The controls changed the touchscreen display, but the air output didn't change. I think it was fine last weekend.

My wife commented that the AC hadn't been changing vent temperature in response to her adjustments lately; she's been too cold.

We never use auto mode.

We've had problems with the AC not operating/responding in the past, but they were solved by cutting off the ignition and restarting. That didn't work today. What did work was disconnecting the battery's negative terminal. After that, the AC worked fine again.

I've done a little searching but didn't find much. On our old Honda Odyssey I would have found lots of useful information by now, e.g. how to enter the service menu for the AC or a reference to a TSB.

I handle routine maintenance myself and have only had this vehicle in to the dealer once for a broken visor anchor. I did ask them if there were any firmware updates, especially for the occasion issue approaching a stop with the CVT hanging in a "gear" and the engine revving, but they claimed there were none. I didn't really believe them...

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.

Return to “R52 Electrical”