2004 Pathfinder Air Intake hose

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

AndrewStahl

2004 Pathfinder Air Intake hose

Postby AndrewStahl » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:25 pm

Hello All,

I'm so new here that I can't post links so I'm giving the exact description to search on ebay to help with a visual explanation.

I recently inherited a 2004 Pathfinder LE Platinum. The air intake hose going from the air filter to the throttle body is pretty ripped up & needs replacing. All I can find is the "Genuine Nissan Pathfinder Air Duct Resonator Assembly 16576-5W90A" on ebay to $200 (I have found as low as $160 on other sites). Also on ebay is the "Well Auto AIR DUCT w/o Resonator for 01-03 Infiniti QX4 Nissan Pathfinder V6" for $30. The "Well Auto" hose looks the same as the hose shown in the "16576-5W90A" without the Resonator.

Does anyone know if these hoses are the same without the $170 markup for the Resonator? If I can buy just the hose I'd be really happy.

Thanx in advance for your time.
Andy

Pathfindork

Postby Pathfindork » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:59 am

Seems weird than an Infinity part would have less markup than a Nissan part.

Guy

Postby Guy » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:46 pm

Did you ever find out if that part the Well Auto AIR DUCT w/o Resonator for 01-03 Infiniti QX4 Nissan Pathfinder V6 work on your 2004 Pathfinder LE. I have the same issue.

Guy

Postby Guy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:05 pm

Some good news. I took a chance and purchased the "Well Auto AIR DUCT w/o Resonator for 01-03 Infiniti QX4 Nissan Pathfinder v6" from Amazon rather than Ebay. Figured if I had problems with it, it would be easier to return, and the price was only a few cents different.

Here is what I found. It fits perfectly in my 2004 Pathfinder Platinum V6 LE- with the drive by wire engine. The only difference was that this new one, has an extra port for some kind of sensor that must be used on the Infinity. All I did was pull out the little metal pipe that a vacuum hose would attach to and plug it with a 1/4 bolt that I screwed into place. If you look at the factory original in the pathfinder, you will see a 1/2 rubber protrusion sticking out the side of the duct down by the filter side. This new one that I purchased, just has it drilled out for the sensor. Easy fix, and saves some $$$!

https://www.amazon.com/Well-INTAKE-Reso ... Pathfinder

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”