Lowering the running boards?

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

BullDozer

Lowering the running boards?

Postby BullDozer » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:35 pm

Anyone here figure out how to lower the running boards? After lifting is too high for 2 year old to climb in.

I noticed some trucks like Ford 150 that have running boards about 2 inches lowered from the factory.

AZ_Path

Postby AZ_Path » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:43 am

Longer bolts and spacers? Plenty of people have removed theirs, but not sure about lowering them.

BullDozer

Postby BullDozer » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:55 am

AZ_Path wrote:Longer bolts and spacers? Plenty of people have removed theirs, but not sure about lowering them.
The running board bracket is shaped like an “Lâ€.
If you can image the “L†being the bracket that attaches the right running board when viewing pathfinder from rear - putting spacers on the top part of L would only move it horizontally not vertically. There are two bolts, so If I used just bottom bolt, this would brind down inch or so, but then too weak.
I am not sure about the bottom part of “Lâ€, if there is really any way to lower (significant amount ,more than 1cm)

Easiest thing might be just changing the bracket. Not sure If I can use existing from different car like Armada or pick up something from home depot and drill holes.

It would be nice to automatically lower and the raise and hide like some Lincoln trucks, but thats too much right now

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”