Maybe not the normal stereo question 02 SE

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

Pathfindork

Maybe not the normal stereo question 02 SE

Postby Pathfindork » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:10 am

Here are my stereo symptoms on my 2002 SE, and yes it's a Bose head-unit:
1. Front driver-side speakers are out, door and A-pillar, but when playing I hear a light popping sound from the A-pillar speaker
2. CD will skip if you look at it.
3. When using my iPhone through the tape adapter which works fine on my 99 Altima the high frequencies don't play.
4. Some older tapes I have play without a problem.

My question is whether a head-unit from a different Nissan will drop in and work fine. My audio needs are modest and I primarily want an aux-in jack. I would even be fine with a single CD player.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:27 pm

Bose units use different impedance speakers and subsequently different amps. The wiring can be a little different. So, the short answer is no unless you can find the same Bose unit. Rather than deal with used parts, I would send your original head unit out for repair. There are a number of places that do it and you don't have to worry about whether it'll be compatible or even work. Just do a web search for "Nissan Bose radio repair" and you'll get some hits. FYI, Bose Corp. also repairs their factory-installed, automotive head units, as well. Here's their contact info:

https://automotive.bose.com/contact-us

Pathfindork

Postby Pathfindork » Wed May 02, 2018 9:02 am

Is there a Boss headunit from a different Nissan with an aid-in which would drop in?

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”