Shift Interlock Diagrams/Pictures/Info?

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

Cartman

Shift Interlock Diagrams/Pictures/Info?

Postby Cartman » Sun May 06, 2018 1:11 pm

Hello,

I'm looking for some info to try and fix my girlfriends 94 Pathfinder. Sombody attempted to steal it (luckily they didn't get far), but in the process the messed up some stuff. :(

Firstly, the key interlock cable has somehow been stretched to the point that it will not release the key from ACC. I can release the key if I manually pull on the other end of the cable - so I know I am going to have to replace that. Seems simple enough - except for getting the ignition off the column.

Another problem is that it will only start in neutral. From what I can tell when I removed the console plastic, the parking indicator switch is actually being toggled - i can hear it click. So I'm not sure what would be causing that.

Lastly, the shift selector will pull out of the park position without the key in the ignition. I'm sure the would be theives just manhandled it and forced it. But I'm not sure what parts I need replace to correct this. I can't even find decent pictures of what it should look like so I know what is damaged. The metal rooster comb looked a little bent (I think it should be straight), and the pin coming out of the knob is bent forward - I think it probably be straight?

Anyway - if anyone has any FSM clips, pictures, or ideas on what to poke out, I would very much appreciate it. :)

Thanks,
Cartman

Cartman

Postby Cartman » Sun May 06, 2018 2:48 pm

Turns out... it was the bent pin coming out of the shifter shaft. It was not interacting properly with the plastic key interlock mechanism when it was bent. Once I straitened it out, it is working as expected.

Thx,
Cartman

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”